Submitting Short-Term Disability (STD) Claims

To submit a disability claim, you must complete and send a Short-Term Disability Claim Form (PDF) to the Fund Office.

The employer must complete the employer section on the front page, confirming employment and providing information about gross weekly wages and last dates worked and paid.

The employee must complete the employee section, also on the front page, providing personal information, work and disability dates, an explanation for the disability and any necessary details of an accident or injury, if applicable.

A physician who can provide the medical explanation for the disability and supply certification dates must complete the back of the form.

A claim cannot be processed unless all information requested on the claim form is provided. You must submit a short-term disability claim within one year of the start of disability in order for the claim to be processed.

Disability benefits are paid by the Fund Office. Mail or fax your completed claim form to:


National IAM Benefit Trust Fund
1300 Connecticut Ave, NW
Suite #300
Washington, DC 20036



Complete information on how to file a claim for STD benefits is in your Summary Plan Description.

  • IAMNPF Image

Disability benefits are paid by the Fund Office.


Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

How many different plans does the Fund offer?

The Fund offers multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision plans. Short-Term Disability and Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefits are also available.

How do I notify the Fund of my address change?

If you move, please notify the Fund of your new address. To change your address,
fill out a new Enrollment Form and mail or fax it to the Fund using the mailing address or fax number found on the form. Always complete a new Enrollment Form when you have a change in personal information.

View All FAQs »